Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday Night Football

It was a game between my two kids schools, Gordon Central and Adairsville. The score when we left with 3 minutes left in the game was Gordon Central 41-----Adairsville 7. Lacy not understanding the first thing about football (she's the one that told us Adairsville won last week when actually they lost big, but she didn't understand the difference between home team and visitor) kept saying with 6 minutes left in the game that her team had a secret player that they were going to put in and win the game. Guess that secret player never showed up. She goes to the games for the social aspects of being seen and seeing her friends anyway.
Gordon Central has a girl on their football team, she is the kicker and a very good one. Gee I loved football so much as a kid (except it was flag or touch football) that I use to think I wanted to play on a boys team, since all the neighborhood boys are who I played with anyway. But as a kid I just don't remember the football players being so BIG. I would hate to think today that I could get tackled by some of those boys. Of course today I also realize I am not near as tough as I though I was as a kid.

4 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger dot said...

Tony was just telling me this morning that they have a big girl playing at Anniston. He said they had a lot of problems at the highschool game last nite according to the news.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger mouse said...

This girl is not big at all and Matt knows her and says she is very pretty. The guys seemed to accept her playing with them very well. They were talking to her on the sidelines congratulating her when she made the extra points. I think she only missed one extra point all night.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Tina Leigh said...

Wow Mouse you really do love football!! Wish I could go to a game with you ...I bet it would be exciting!! LOL!! I dont like the idea of the girl playing, tho. I'm getting old fashioned I guess.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger mouse said...

I didn't at first either Tina cause the guys are so big but when I found out she was the kicker and a good one I was ok with it. Cause mostly the kicker shouldn't be tackled unless the other team wants a penalty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home