Saturday, September 02, 2006

Mexican Cornbread with a Twist

Mexican Cornbread with a Twist

1 1/2 lbs of ground beef, cooked and drained
1 onion chopped
2 or 3 jalepones chopped (I skip this in the kids pan or use green chilis)
16 oz of Mozerella cheese, shredded
16 oz of Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 boxes of jiffy cornbread (mixed according to directions)
1/2 cup of bacon grease or oil
1 can of cream style corn
1 can of whole kernal corn, drained

Mix jiffy mix up in bowl, pour bacon grease, cream style corn and whole kernal corn in bowl. Stir well and let it sit a few minutes. Get a 9x13 pan out and turn oven on to 400 degrees. Chop your onions and peppers. Cook your hamburger meat. Now pour just enough cornbread mix in bottom of pan to cover the bottom. Then cover the bottom with the cheddar cheese, use the whole package (trust me you'll be glad you did). Next add the hamburger meat, then the onions and jalepones. Add the whole package of mozerella cheese on top of that. Now pour the rest of the cornbread mix on top and spread it out. Put it in the oven for 1 hour. When you take it out let it sit for about 5 minutes before cutting it. And yum you have a bundle of cheese and good tasting food.

I usually make two pans, one with jalepones for Jerry and I and one with green chili peppers for the kids. When I do the green chili peppers I just mix it in with the cornbread mix instead of trying to spread them out. If you try it I hope you enjoy it. Leftovers the next day or so are really good heated up for about a minute and a half in the microwave or a little longer in the oven. Wish I had taken a picture.

7 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger dot said...

That sounds really good. Do you eat it by itself or do you have something with it? It sounds like a meal. Is that a dumb question? If so it won't be the first one I've asked. LOL. Thanks for the recipe!

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds really good, we'll have ot try it! Always looking for new things to feel the vultur...I mean, kids :)

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Tina Leigh said...

That would be good with chili!!!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger mouse said...

yes it is a meal by itself, Jerry usually cuts it into 8 squares. One will fill you up (he eats two).

Let me know if any of you try it what you think.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger dot said...

I get to thinking about a recipe and I want to make it so bad. I'm craving this stuff here but I'm trying not to do it because it looks like it might would kill someone with diabetes or a cholesterol problem. Hey Tina, go make it and send me a piece!

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried to find this recipe for the longest time. The mom of a high school friend used to make it and I've never been able to get it right. Thanks!!

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your happenings-at-the-mouse-house.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home