Monday, November 20, 2006

Got the Wii

Saturday the family went up to Best Buy's around 6:00 PM and didn't leave until 9:30 Sunday morning. No it wasn't a weird experiment we were doing; we were waiting in line for the new Wii. It was cold, I mean really cold and at times we got a little testy among our family but we endured and got 3 Wii's. One for each of my boys and one for my best friend (her son didn't get one in the line he was waiting in). We were number 39, 40 and 41 in the line we were waiting at and our store ended up having about 80 of them. Seems most Wal-marts and such only had around 20 and a lot of those were pre-buys and the Target across the street from us had 0 of them.

Our line stayed orderly and the fact that it was mostly 16-26 year olds I was impressed with their behavior. The worse thing they did (which I didn't consider to be bad; just dangerous, but that was probably my mama instincts coming out) was to put a person in a buggy and then have races pushing them up and down the parking lot. Several of those buggies got turned over but luckily no one was hurt or not badly. Anyway Jerry and I have decided that this is the last year for the all night camp out lines, we are to old so next time one of the kids want one of those hard to get gifts they will wait in line and we will stay at the nice warm motel across the street and bring them coffee and donuts the next morning. Some brought tents up there and put up, we had just brought sleeping bags and chairs, a few only had the jacket they wore and I know they froze. Anyway when we got home Sunday we crawled into our warm beds and slept most of the day. Onto the list.

115. For the beautiful sky this morning.
116. For sleeping blankets.
117. For gas stations that stay open all night; coffee and bathrooms.
118. To see that a group of about 130 young people can hang outside all night and not be up to mischief or trouble.
119. To have gotten 3 Wii's.
120. That tomorrow is the last day of school before the Thanksgiving holidays.
121. That none of us got sick Saturday night from the cold.
122. For the nice person that brought up these jugs of Starbucks coffee for everyone Saturday night (didn't even know you could buy coffee in jugs).
123. For a nice warm heater in the van so we could take turns going out and getting warm.
124. For the fact that later today my house will start smelling like pumpkin and pecan pies.
125. That we are two gifts closer to being done with our Christmas shopping.
126. That today we will go out and find our Christmas tree and start decorating.
127. The fact that Jerry just brought me a nice hot cup of coffee.
128. That Michael will be off work after tomorrow so the whole family will have the next 5 days to spend together.
129. That Michelle won Pea's chocolate contest, even though the chocolate would have been delicious I would have gained 10 pounds just smelling it I'm sure. It looked that good.
130. That Jerry starts his vacation today.
131. That I slept really good last night for a change.
132. That today's laundry is already half done.
133. That turkey day is only 3 more days away.
134. That I have my list made out for Thanksgiving cooking, what do get ready early and what will cook on Thanksgiving Day.
135. That the internet is working again, it was messed up most of Saturday.
136. That we have a full tank of gas because I just heard gas prices went up.
137. That we are staying home this Thanksgiving.
138. That I am feeling better.
139. That my best friends daughter is getting married to the guy she loves in 6 months and her husband is retiring at the end of this month and she isn't going totally crazy yet.
140. That we went to the store today and got some Christmas decorations to put outside.
141. That the heater works because it is cold outside.
142. That there is nothing good on TV tonight so I can go to bed early, I am so tired.
143. That I only have 857 more things to come up with.





7 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger dot said...

Oh my! I can't believe ya'll stayed in line that long and I'm not even sure what that thingy you bought is. lol. I admire ya'll for hanging in there!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Ummm what is a Wii??? I've never stood in line all night long to buy something...now that's what I call determination! lol It reminds me when the Cabbage Patch dolls first came out...there were long lines every time a new shipment would come in!!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger mouse said...

A Wii is the new Nintendo game that came out the other day. If it wasn't for my boys believe me I would NOT have stayed in line all night but hey they were there standing in line with us. And that is the first time I have ever stayed all night in a line. I have gone out early on Black Friday before but that is different.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger jel said...

your are a brave soul! :)



thanks for the visit,
blessings

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I wanted to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Blessings,

Lori

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh - that is devotion. I doubt I could do it.

Have a great Thanksgiving - and hope you finish your list!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger jel said...

Hi Mouse!
how are ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home