Tuesday, December 05, 2006

kids still sick

Well I tried to send the kids to school today. Michael got Matt halfway there and had to pull over so he could throw up, then coming home he had to pull over twice more. Matt hadn't been throwing up so that is new. He slept most of the day, got up for a few hours, seemed to be feeling better, ate, played on his computer but has gone back to bed now. Lacy got to school and was there for about an hour and the school called, she had a fever so we went and got her and she also slept most of the day. They both seemed fine when they left the house this morning but we will try again tomorrow. Didn't get much of anything done today because I was tired and Jerry didn't feel real good so we just napped off and on also. Had soup for dinner tonight.

Well here is a picture of our tree, don't know why it looks like it doesn't have any lights on one whole side cause the lights are all over the tree. It is tall, tomorrow I am going to take one and get Jerry to stand next to it so you can see how tall it is. The stockings are hung, the lower one is for Christy, she won't be over here Christmas morning anyway and we didn't have enough hooks to hang another stocking. I got the cats some tiny little stocking that I will figure out where to put and we will put little cat snacks in them. Usually we get them a lot of new toys but they don't play with the toys as much anymore and still have a basket full so this year they are getting a new scratching post and probably a climbing tree. They had a climbing tree at the old house and loved it but it was really getting worn out when we moved so we threw it away.

Gee I can't believe how fast the days are going, I still have a few gifts I need to get out and buy so I better get busy tomorrow which means I need to head on to bed.

11 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I am so sorry to hear you folks have the flu. It went through are house two weeks ago. I'll be praying for you for strength.

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

So sorry to hear of the sickness...
good old soup eh?

Take care
Love to poor little soldiers.
Dx

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger jel said...

me to sorry y'all are sick, hope y'all get to feeling better soon!


huggs

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

It's that time of year, so many people are getting the flu or cold. Hope your family all feel better realll soon!! Oh my gosh, I just LOVE your Christmas tree...I can tell how huge it is!! lol It's just beautiful! Love the stockings hanging on the fireplace mantle also. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....xox

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger dot said...

Love your mantle and tree! It must be nice to have a fireplace.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Connie said...

Hope they feel better soon!!

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger dot said...

Diane, how is everyone? Hope the kids are better and that no one else has caught the virus.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

hey, I love your fireplace with all the stockings, looks so great. At our old place, we didn't have a fireplace, so we had to hang the stockings by the TV. :) Now we have a fireplace, so that makes me happy.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Your tree looks huge even without anyone standing by it. I bet it took TONS of strings of lights and lots and lots of patience. Hope everyone is on the mend. I got my card this week--thank you so much. :)

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger mouse said...

The kids are finally all well. Lacy took the longest to get over it all but will be going back to school on Monday.

dot I do love having a fireplace, it makes you warm just sitting and watching it.

melissa thank you and I'm glad ya'll have a fireplace now.

roxanne the tree is between 14 and 15 feet tall. Glad you got your card.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I pray you are all feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home