Thursday, September 14, 2006

Life Goes On

We are home, the kids went back to school yesterday and have lots of make-up work to do. Matt had a interview at the library yesterday, hope he gets the job. He said they seemed to like him and were impressed with his skills but the one drawback was he can't speak spanish so I don't know if they will call him or not. He is thinking about going to Coosa and taking a business spanish class because now he see's how important that is going to be in the future. I don't think it is fair because if I went to Mexico I would not think they should know English for me or even have English on the grocery ads and such like they do up here in Spanish but fair or not it is the way it is. Anyway we should know in a few days if he got the job or if the not knowing spanish kept him from getting it. Jerry is back at work already, he had to work all night last night. We did tacos, mexican beans, nachos and such for dinner last night, it was good. Been awhile since we did taco's and such instead of running to Taco Bell. It is really cool in our area this morning 56 degrees, but even though it is fairly chilly it feels really good. Of all the seasons fall is my favorite.

9 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger dot said...

Glad ya'll are back home. We are enjoying the cool air also. Good luck to Matt! Let us know whether or not he gets the job. I agree about the spanish stuff. Everything is geared to the other folks now.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Mouse:-) Thank you so much for visiting my blog...hope it's not the last time!! I always enjoy meeting new people:-) What a shame if Matt doesn't get the job because of his lack of Spanish but that's the way it is now...over here, you really need to know both French and English to get a job. Take care and I'll be visiting again:-)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I'll be praying for Matt to get the Job. I love the fall months as well.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger jel said...

mouse,cute name :)

thanks for the visit!

I would love to live on top of a mountain! and i living in the boonies :)

i too hope matt gets the job!
I had trouble with spanish in school , couldn't roll my rrrrrrrrrrrrr's :(
take care

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My job would be a lot easier for sure if I spoke Spanish, and I'm slowly picking it up. Now I know how to say "they stole my car" :)

Fall is my favorite time too, but it's not here yet in warm sunny Arizona. I definitely miss the fall foliage, just not what comes after fall.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger mouse said...

Connie I will blow some fall weather your way.

jel I can't roll my rrrrr's either, Matt has just never really taken Spanish but is thinking about going to the local college and just taking a business spanish course in the evenings.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger mouse said...

Thanks lori I know Matt will appreciate the prayers.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger mouse said...

pea I really enjoyed your blog so I will be back to visit again.

dot I always enjoy your comments.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Tina Leigh said...

Mouse I'm glad your back....I hope all is well. You know that is a crock about the spanish thing...I agree with you! Maybe he could call the ACLU or whatever they are if he doesn't get the job...wouldn't that be descrimination....I cant even spell that word..LOL!! Let us know. That would be a great job..I would love a job like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home