Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I Just Can't Wait Until Halloween

Well Halloween will be here before you know it and I am so excited, for the first time in 15 years (since we moved to GA) we are living in a neighborhood where we can pass out candy. For the first 10 years in GA we lived off a very busy road so no kids ever trick or treated over there and for the last 5 we lived in the boondocks so no one ever trick or treated there. I just love passing out candy to the kids and seeing all their outfits. We are going to decorate the yard and front porch the end of September, I told Jerry I wanted Halloween decorations for my birthday present (Sept. 30th). I have been saving this cake in my files for about 4 years, this year all my kids are older so I think I am going to make it for them and just surprise them when they come home from school and work. It is called a kitty litter cake. Ok I may have a weird sense of humor but I love it.


And then I may make these and these


12 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Lori said...

LOL!!I think I like the second picture the best.

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen the kitty litter cake before although I have not made it. Perhaps I shall make it for work this year :)

Speaking of making things, I made your texas cornbread recipe yesterday - YUM! Thanks!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger mouse said...

I'm so glad you like it connie. It is Jerry's favorite recipe.

lori I guess I love the kitty litter cake cause I am sometimes like a kid myself and love grossing the kids out. Then when they taste it they love it.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger jel said...

you did a good job, that is grossssss :)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger dot said...

I've heard of the kitty litter cake but never tried it. What does it taste like? I like the 3rd picture but I don't think I could eat any of it. lol

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger mouse said...

I don't know dot I haven't ever made it before, I've just been holding onto the recipe until the kids got a little older. Not they are all old enough.

Thanks Jel.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I've always loved Halloween and love to decorate so can't wait either!! We used to get over 200 trick or treaters to our door every year but the last couple of years we're lucky to get 100...the neighbourhood kids are getting older! Love the snacks you want to make...kids just love stuff like that!! LOL

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger mouse said...

Wow that was a lot of trick or treaters Pea. Guess you don't get as many now cause like you said the kids are getting older plus over here so many go to parties at the churches or homes now. It is almost getting to dangerous to trick or treat which is so sad.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I love halloween, too, but with taking the kids to the church halloween party and taking them trick-or-treating ourselves, we're never home to pass out candy. Oh, well. Plenty of time for that eventually. :-)

The kitty litter cake looks delish! ;-)

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Tina Leigh said...

Oh yeah..that is right up my alley! I would love to make that cake for DAnny!!!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger mouse said...

I'll send you the recipe tina or I guess I will include it here.

Your right kristen, while they are young take them to the parties and such. When they get in their teens and want to go without you that is when you can stay at home and watch all the other little monsters and ghost come to your house. We are talking about having a Halloween party next year for Lacy and her friends, you know make the house real spooky with pretend dead body parts and all that you are suppose to eat or touch.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

that is one awesome cake! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home